Teachers and Daily Schedules
The Physical Education department at Salisbury consists of the following teachers:
The ABCD's of Physical Education
The four general outcomes upon which the Kindergarten to Grade 12 physical education program is based state that students will:
Activity - acquire skills through a variety of developmentally appropriate movement activities; dance, games, types of gymnastics, individual activities and activities in an alternative environment; e.g., aquatics and outdoor pursuits
Benefits of Health - understand, experience and appreciate the health benefits that result from physical activity
Cooperation - interact positively with others
Do it Daily... For Life! - assume responsibility to lead an active way of life.
Specific outcomes within each of the above four general outcomes will be assessed using a scale of Excellent/Proficient/Adequate or Limited.
Assessment within Physical Education classes
Each grade of Physical Education has its own evaluation guide.
Physical Education Department
Positive attitudes with dedication and commitment to physical education are the cornerstones for our students to achieve ultimate success.
1. Acquire skills through a variety of developmentally appropriate movement activities.
2. Understand, experience and appreciate the health benefits that result from physical activity.
3. Interact positively with others.
4. Assume personal responsibility to lead an active way of life.
1. Respect the rights of all students.
2. Demonstrate a respectful attitude to fellow students and staff.
3. Respect school and community equipment and facilities.
4. Follow the rules and regulations of safety in the gymnasium.
Evaluation of all Physical Education courses is based on the ABCD'S of Physical Education.
FOR INFORMATION ON SPECIFIC COURSES GO TO THE Course Handbook