In-House Awards & Scholarships
Rutherford: To apply for the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship, please go to:
Student Aid Alberta is making applying for the Alexander Rutherford High School Achievement Scholarship easier by implementing a new online application process, and so you need to be aware of the following:
- The new online application for Alexander Rutherford will be available in early July.
- Paper copies of the Alexander Rutherford application are no longer being accepted.
- No more application deadlines! Apply online anytime – once you have been accepted by your preferred post-secondary institution.
- Existing awards amount, standards for academic merit and excellence does not change.
If you are a grade 12 student who has volunteered your time either in the community or at Salisbury during your high school years, and you have definite post-secondary goals for a trade or apprenticeship program, college or university, and/or if you are in a position of financial need, please see Mrs. Schlegl to apply for an in-house scholarship. A number of these are available with varied criteria. Deadline is June 1st.
- ACT/UCT Turk Mahan Memorial Scholarship ($500) - given to a student enrolled in post-secondary or apprenticeship who has volunteered time to Salisbury or their community.
- Canadian Progress Club - Given to a student who voluntarily contributed time and effort to their school and/or community
- Cooking Lake IODE ($1000) - Conditional acceptance in post-secondary, minimum 70% average, and 300 word essay is required. Preference is given to students who have financial need and are going into a career with children.
- Earl Keeley ($500)- Grad who best combines athletics, leadership, citizenship & academics.
- Elk Island Local No 28 ($500)- awarded to a grade 12 student who has demonstrated a high level of achievement in high school and has received Conditional Acceptance to P/S in the Faculty of Education.
- Hartwell Family Award ($1000) - awarded to student who has satisfactorily completed their 30 level credits and is persuing a trade or registered in an apprenticeship program.
- Jeff Kenny Memorial ($1000) - Awarded to one male and one female athlete who has given time, and effort to the athletics program and intends to pursue post-secondary.
- Jessica Leathem Award: ($1500) - Awarded to a female student who is in a position of financial need and is registered in p/s in a Life Science Program. Student must have a history of schoolwork and volunteerism in life sciences.
- Lions Club - Breakfast ($450) - Awarded to grad who has voluntarily commited time to school and community.
- Lions Club - Trade ($250) - Awarded to a grad entering trade or technical school.
- Rotary Club ($250) - Awarded to student who has volunteered time during high school to their community and has a definite career focus.
- Royal Purple: ($500)- Please fill out form and include Conditional Letter of Acceptance, All applicants packages are forwarded.
- RICOH:($500) - Awarded to a student who has overcome adversity, is hard-working, and deserving of support to pursue further learning.
- Rotary: ($500) - Awarded to a student who has made significant improvement in overall achievement in High School.
For application forms for the above awards, or for further information, please see Mrs. Schlegl in the office or email email@example.com